laguna beach acupuncture
Our immune systems are designed to protect us from infections and disease. However if we experience too much stress, too little sleep or nutritional imbalances our immune systems can weaken or even turn against us and we can become ill, hypersensitive or chronically inflamed. Acupuncture and Herbs have been shown to aid our immune systems.3, 4 Contact us to see if we can help you.
Everyone gets nervous from time to time. A little bit of stress can even improve our performance in certain situations. However, chronic stress and worry can cause other symptoms such as fatigue, nervousness, poor concentration and trouble sleeping. Research shows for those persons with either mild or chronic non responsive anxiety, acupuncture may provide relief from their symptoms.5
1. National Institutes of Health. (2010). Research Portfolio Online Reporting Tools. Fact Sheets - Pain Management. Retrieved from https://report.nih.gov/nihfactsheets/ViewFactSheet.
2. How Acupuncture can Relieve Pain and Improve Sleep, Digestion and Emotional Well Being. University California, San Diego, Center for Integrative Medicine. Retrieved from http://cim.ucsd.edu/clinical-care/acupuncture.shtml
3. Health Information Medical Reference Guide Complementary and Alternative Medicine Guide Treatment Acupuncture, University of Maryland Medical Center. Retrieved from http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/treatment/acupuncture
4. Chu, DT. et al. Immunotherapy with Chinese medicinal herbs. I. Immune restoration of local xenogenetic graft- versus-host reaction in cancer patients by fractionated astragalus membranaceus in vitro. Journal of Clinical & Laboratory Immunology. 25(3):119-23, Mar. 1988
5. Arrington-Evans, N. Randomised controlled trial on the use of acupuncture in adults with chronic, non-responding anxiety symptoms. Acupunct Med 2015;33: 98-102.
Pain affects more Americans than diabetes, heart disease and cancer combined.1 Clinical studies have shown that Acupuncture relives pain from a wide variety of sources including: headaches, knees, low back, neck, sciatica, tennis elbow, menstruation, and sprains. There are many other complaints that Acupuncture can treat. 2 Contact us to see if we can help you.